Benchwarmer News Archive - 2004
Some of the news from 2004
Back to main News page
Some updates to
Rule Changes for the
2005 Season - Make sure you check out the change from "spot
starters" to "spot pitchers" (and it's not just terminology) and
the institution of an off-season salary rebate.
- Rosters now display 2005 positions and
Preliminary 2005 salaries (some players will be getting additional
bonuses added on to their salaries - in the coming week).
- Cash balances are updated for salary cap
distribution and post-season placement.
- Salary cap for 2005 = 46146 (in thousands).
2004 cap was 47210. There were some adjustments in the
salary formula this year to reduce pitcher salaries - particularly
- Each team gets the same amount of cash - enough
to get the team with the lowest balance up to the cap number.
- Hall of Fame League - Distribution = 45092
- Beatleball - Distribution = 45354
- All new leagues get 47 million (cap rounded
- Final Minor League
results - Brewster and Angleton win titles.
- Congratulations to League Champions:
- D-Town Demolishers
- Gorilla Biscuits
- D-Town will play against Gorilla next week to
crown an overall BWB champion.
- Just announced - the 2004 BWB Players of the
Year - access the list from your league's home page
- The Beatleball All Star Series
is in the books. The Martin Conference wins 2 games to 1. See the league home page for more details.
- Congratulations in Beatleball to Carlisle -
setting a new BWB record with 17 straight wins.
- The Hall of Fame League All Star Series
is complete. For the first time, the Johnson Conference is
victorious. See the league home page for more details.
- Now available!! - The BWB
Power Index - how does
your team rank?