- I am now out of the country until Sept. 30.
- Week 25 transactions/lineups are due as scheduled on 9/20, and they'll be processed during the first week of October.
- We'll pick up with Week 24 games when I return.
- Playoff lineup deadlines will be set when we get closer to finishing the regular season games.
- I will not be able to make any website changes/fixes - and will have only limited email access - so there may be no communication again until after 9/30.
- Week 23 complete - Games 136-138 posted -
- Who are we waiting on? These teams have played the
fewest MLB Games through 9/13:
- 143 games - Atl
- 144 games - 16 teams
- Subtract 5 from the MLB game number to determine which BWB game can be scored
- The next score update is expected in October.
- Around BWB
- Who are we waiting on? These teams have played the fewest MLB Games through 9/13:
- Week Twenty-four Transactions posted - Week 25 deadline is Wednesday night, September 20 at 7 PM Eastern.
- There was a problem with the box score feed from the
games on Sept 1 for the doubleheader between Cleveland and
Detroit. The service accidentally duplicated the box
from game 1 and published it as game 2. A correction
came out and my stat collection process found this and fixed
the batters' stats. What I didn't realize is that the
pitchers were messed up too. All the Game 1 pitching
performances were duplicated for Game 2.
- This means that Boyd and Carrasco were added into the stats twice. In a very few situations, it looks like these duplicates were used in BWB games. Any remaining duplicates have been deleted.
- Also, the Game 2 starters - Farmer and Clevenger - were NOT added into the start queue, so those stats might not have been available when needed. Those stats will get added into the start queue now.
- However, BWB will not go back and fix any affected games - along with the relief pitchers in play those games, it's almost impossible to go back and find what might be wrong. I apologize - and there are some mechanisms in place to discover these situations, but this was a unique problem that I wasn't prepared for. This is covered in rule 6.2 about correcting mistakes.
- 11 Division Champions from the
September 10 games: (See
standings for all leagues)
- Bleed Dodger Blue League - Reese Division: Aksarben Krusaders (owner Don Kruse) - Back to playoffs for first time since 2014; 5th division crown
- Bronx Bombers League - DiMaggio Division: Maris & Mantle (owner Jason Kiernan - 3rd win in 2017) - 2nd division title - also won it in 2015
- Firemen League - Smith Division: Venice Beach Longshots (owner Brian Haines) - New owner gets team back into playoffs for 3rd division title; League champ in 2012
- Four Star League - Eckersley Division: Philadelphia Stars (owner Michael Quinn - 2nd win in 2017) - 3rd straight division win - looking for first trip to the finals
- Geek Pride League - Tomlinson Division: Phantastic Phenoms (owner David Henning - 4th win in 2017) - Repeat champ - 4th division win in 5 years
- Hall of Fame League - Cooperstown Division: Chicxulub Revolution (owner Sherman Wan - 2nd win in 2017) - Repeat winner - 10th overall; League champ in 2009 and 2008
- Moneyball League - Art Howe Division: Crumpton Roches (owner Jesse Roche - 2nd win in 2017) - 5th division crown in league's 5th season; League winner in 2015 & 2014
- Reality Bites League - Amazing Race Division: Interlaken Cheese Transport (owner Sherman Wan - 3rd win in 2017) - Defending league champion; 3rd straight division title, 4th overall
- Steel City League - Kiner Division: Atlanta Golden Krust (owner Ricardo Alexander - 2nd win in 2017) - League champion in 2015
- Superman League - Brandon Routh Division: Metropolis Ites (owner Jason Kiernan - 4th win in 2017) - Defending league champion
- That's the Fact Jack League - The Life Aquatic Division: Proton Gunslingers (owner David Henning - 5th win in 2017) - Won the league title last year in the league's first season
Did You Know? If you refer a new owner to BWB, you can save $5 on your team