- Working on the scoring now - but results likely won't be up until Tuesday morning
- Week 9 begins - Games 49-51 posted -
- See standings for all leagues
- Around BWB
- Who are we waiting on? These teams have played the fewest
MLB games (through 9/25):
- 56 games - Detroit, St. Louis
- Subtract 5 from the MLB game number to determine the corresponding BWB game
- Next score posting is planned for Tuesday if the Detroit-St. Louis doubleheader is played on Monday. If not, scores should be up on Monday.
- Week 8 Statistics and Players of the Week
- As I write this, the doubleheader between St. Louis and Detroit that would be made up on Monday is still not certain to be played. If they do not play - which would mean they don't play a game #59, used for BWB game #54, we'll still have the final game of the season - without any stats from players on either team.
- Players selected in the 1st round of the 2020 draft are now included as part of the BWB player list. Your first chance to sign them will be in the Redistribution Draft in January 2021.
Transaction Results Posted
- Week Ten Transactions/Lineups - for now setting the deadline to Saturday, October 3 at Noon Eastern - this may be extended depending on how long it takes for playoff setup (with a completely unique format for 2020, there's going to be a lot of manual work to do that).
- This is the FINAL week for transactions until the
- Week 10 transactions are limited to cuts and IR moves in preparation for the playoffs.
- Usually you'd be making IR moves at this time of year only to make room on your 26-man roster for other players in the playoffs. We're using expanded rosters this season for the playoffs, so this might not be needed as much this season.
- However - this is your LAST CHANCE to cut players who have a contract for 2021 and beyond before roster carryover selections in December. You must keep all players under contract as part of your 28-man carryover squad. If you have regrets about a contract, you either have to cut the player now or trade him away in November/December. Of course, this also means you won't have him for any playoff games past the first week.
- Your lineup changes this week are for the first week of the playoffs - the first round of the 16-team bracket. You may reorder your pitching rotation now without concern for rest between starts between Week 9 games and the playoffs.
- You will be able to change your lineup/rotation for future playoff weeks. Dates TBD.
- Note - Week 8 was the last week to sign free agents - all the existing web pages are set to close that off each year in Week 25, not Week 9. I thought I got everything, but a few signing attempts got through - those were deleted. Same goes this week - if a page still lets you try to sign players, those attempts will be discarded.
- See the season list of deadlines
Did You Know? You can choose not to receive broadcast email messages from other owners