- Big Red Machine League Draft - Phase Two Draft, Part
- See the league draft index for more information
- Rosters populated and finances updated
- The Phase 2 draft is now complete - your league moves into weekly transactions (next deadline is Sunday 4/5).
- BWB Plans and Schedule Updates
- We're still in a holding pattern to know what's going to happen with the MLB season. Until that's announced, we can't do much more than speculate what that will do to the BWB season and schedule.
- Had we been on the normal schedule, Thursday would have been "Week Zero" - the date at which all teams must have a legal roster and the last chance to add any players for BWB Opening Day. The Week One deadline was to be next Thursday, April 2.
- Thursday night we just posted the results of what was originally supposed to be "Week -2" - meaning that if we hold with the schedule format, there would only be 2 more transaction weeks (-1 and Zero) before Opening Day.
- Just as a guess, I can't see the 2020 MLB season starting before June 1, although a lot of opinions would put it much later than that.
- So we're going to make some adjustments:
- Add 3 more preseason transaction weeks. To do this and make the records/history work out, all the previously posted transaction weeks were changed by 3. Starting with the roster carryover choices, which were marked as Week -8 - they have been converted to Week -11. And so on.
- Space things out a bit. There's not a lot to act on right now. Some teams may be ready to go. Some teams might be out of cash. I have a lot on my plate personally. We don't have to do this every week. So the remainder of the preseason will be scheduled, for now, every two weeks.
- This updated schedule of transaction deadlines is geared toward a June 1 MLB Opening Day. We'll adjust as the situation changes.
- The schedule for the regular season will be determined once we know when MLB will start and how many games will be played.
- What else will we do before MLB starts up again?
- We still plan to draft 2 more new leagues - one list draft and one live draft.
- I hope to have some postings up to discuss some rule change suggestions.
- And I'm kicking around the idea of holding some kind of preseason tournament for all BWB teams using 2019 stats. But, the structure of the BWB season is automated - to now try to set up a structure and play the games for over 1,000 teams might be too much for me to attempt. More to come...
Did You Know? You can specify a second email address in your personal profile