- Most people have answered, but in case you
- The first step before you can do any trading or pick your carryover players is to indicate if you're keeping each of your teams in 2016. You must answer "yes" before you may submit any trades or before anyone can contact you for trades. Deadline is December 31 or we assume the unanswered teams become Orphans.
- If you're sure you're not keeping a team - please change the answer to NO so that we can reassign the team as an orphan
- Trades are now open - you have until November 29 for the first trade session. The second session will extend through December 20.
- You can also begin choosing your carryover players - visit your team roster(s) for a link to do that. Final deadline is January 3. If you've got a lot of teams, don't wait until the final 1-2 weeks!
- Welcome to Benchwarmer Baseball - It's a different
form of fantasy baseball as we play individual head-to-head
games simulated from daily MLB stats - this isn't a Rotisserie
- This is fantasy baseball 365 days a year. Teams are now starting preparations to get their teams ready for the regular season - picking up to 28 players on their rosters to keep into the next season while letting the rest go.
- Check out the Benchwarmer Baseball Tour for an introduction.
16-team leagues are now forming for
2016. But, if you'd
like to attempt to turn around a struggling team,
these orphan teams
are available...pick up an existing team and rebuild it,
rather than start from scratch.
- If you're a first-time owner, you play under the "rookie rate" of $35 for your first team (normal price, $65)
- Orphan teams are also just $35 - about 1/2 the normal price.
- If you're interested, your first step is to sign up here. Then go ahead and pick out a new league or check out the orphan list again.
- Are you already a BWB team owner and want to add teams? Check first to see if you have an available bonus team from 2015 or else add new teams here. Email us if you want an orphan team and we'll set you up.
- Player salaries are FINAL. Salary adjustments were
made for 239 players, most at less than 5%. These
players had salaries that went up more than 25%:
- Paul Goldschmidt: 40.9%
- Bryce Harper: 35.9%
- Josh Donaldson: 35.2%
- Jake Arrieta: 31.9%
- Mike Trout: 30.5%
- Dallas Keuchel: 30.3%
- Nolan Arenado: 29.2%
- Manny Machado: 27.4%
- Clayton Kershaw: 26.1%
- Joey Votto: 26.1%
- Jose Altuve: 25.9%
- Some retired players automatically removed from rosters.
- Positions with an "x" at the end still need to be verified - it will probably be early December until that's complete.
- Players of the year are now final standings - there's a financial update posted for those cash awards.
Did You Know? You can choose not to receive broadcast email messages from other owners