- Week 26 Transactions posted - Week 27 deadline for the 2nd week of the playoffs is TENTATIVELY Saturday, October 17 at Noon Eastern but I'll probably move that back once I see when I can start posting playoff scores (soon).
- Required step for setting up brackets completed - all the tiebreakers for the 2015 playoffs resolved.
- Some random web errors popping up as people attempting to make final adjustments to playoff lineups. So, sure, you've had since Sept 24 to make lineup changes but since we all procrastinate (and I'm still cycling through seeding tiebreakers) - new deadline is Sunday at noon EDT.
- Things to know headed into the postseason - and prepping for 2016.
- Congratulations to owners with multiple division wins:
- 20 Teams - David Henning
- 19 Teams - Michael Quinn
- 15 Teams - Tom Twomey
- 9 Teams - Sherman Wan
- 7 Teams - Jerry King
- 5 Teams - Sam Campbell, Kevin Connors (including one co-owned team), Don Kruse, Michael Lehman, Jesse Roche, Jay Snyder, Danny Zaccaro
- 4 Teams - Ricardo Alexander, Ken DeGroot, Leif Johnson (including two co-owned teams)
- 3 Teams - Alonda Clifton, Phillip Dang, Roland Dupont, Robert Elias, Michael Horvitz, Jason Kiernan, Andrew Lehman, Tom McGraw, Jamison Reese, Doug Schnack, Jon Swanson
- 2 Teams - Scott Campbell and Leif Jonson co-owned teams
- While BWB takes a few days to set up the 2015 playoff pages/brackets (and concentrates tonight on Pirates vs Cubs), look for some news and notes here on the home page to recap the completed season.
- This season, there were 5 divisional ties. In 2014, 7 divisions ended in ties
- how did those teams fare this season?
Blue and Gray League - Sherman Division:
- Winner: Major Miracle (Roland Dupont) - This year under new owner Skip Hohensee: 2nd place, 8 GB
- Loser: Vicksburg Siege (Michael Lehman) - This year: 3rd place: 17 GB
Deuces Wild League - Brett Division:
- Winner: Everglades Alligators (Michael Lehman) - Won conference title; This year: 4th place, 93 losses, 36 GB
- Loser: Bemidji Blue Ox (Sam Campbell) - This year: Won the division by 8 games.
Firemen League -
- Winner: Mammoth Grizzlies (Michael Quinn) - This year: tied for 2nd 10 GB
- Loser: Venice Beach Longshots (Ken DeGroot) - This year: won the division by 10 games.
Experts League -
- Winner: Alcatraz Island Inmates (Michael Burkert) - This year: 3rd place 9 GB
- Loser: South America Piranhas (BWB League Office - an orphan team) - This year, under new owner Sam Campbell, won the division by 2 games.
Perfect World League - Kenny Rogers Division:
- Winner: Utopia Unicorns (David Henning) - Won league title; This year - 3rd place, 15 GB
- Loser: Long Island Ducks (Bill Munger) - Won Gore Cup; This year - 4th place, 18 GB
They Might Be Giants - Marichal Division:
- Winner: Edgewater Underwear Thieves (Tom Twomey) - This year: Won division by 4 games
- Loser: Hampton Flashes (Roland Dupont) - This year: 3rd place 5 GB
They Might Be Giants - Terry Division:
- Winner: Centre County Gunslingers (Tom McGraw) - This year: 4th place 30 GB
- Loser: Alcatraz Inmates (Michael Quinn) - This year: won division by 6 games
- Blue and Gray League - Sherman Division:
- Week 26 lineups - for the first week of playoffs - are due Saturday, Oct 10 at Noon Eastern.
- Week 25 Statistics and Players of the Week
- Final recap of 5 Division Champions from
the tiebreaker games - (See
standings for all leagues)
- Chevy Chase League - Emmit Fitz-Hume Division: NJ MOJO (owner Michael Gaston) - Previously won division and conference in 2009
- Fenway Fenatics - Fisk Division: The New Hit Squad feat. Aaron Hernandez (owner Christian Ingram) - Returns to playoffs after division wins in 2013 and 2012
- Four Star League - MacArthur Division: Tennessee Longshots (owner Ken DeGroot - 4th win in 2015) - Repeat division winner, 4th overall; League Champ in 2010
- Scooby Doo League - Velma Division: Scooby's Doo-Doos (owner Michael Lehman - 5th win in 2015) - Inaugural Season
- Triple Crown League - Yastrzemski Division: Little Mack Attack (owner Tom McGraw - 3rd win in 2015) - Repeat winner - 4th time overall on top
- Playoff Tiebreakers - Coming Soon
- In prep for the playoffs we need to resolve any ties for 2nd or 3rd place to figure out who goes to the Gore Cup and how reward money for division placement is distributed.
- These include:
- Tiebreakers for possible League Championship matchups
- Conference championship home field advantage
- Seeding for Gore Cup and Bottom Feeder Open tournaments
Did You Know? The maximum cash you can take into the season is 5 million BW Bucks